Been out of the game a little while, I know. I've been working and spending every extra moment with my two boys. Today I'm sharing a tutu diaper cake that I recently made for a dear friend's baby shower. I love how it turned out.
I started out with a simple 3 tier cake in an orange and pink color theme. Instead of rolling them I kinda fanned them out. I liked that look better.
Here's a closer look:
I just held each layer together with a rubber band. I would've gotten pictures of this, but I was home alone, and holding it all together plus taking pictures would not have worked.
On each layer, I covered the rubber bands with cute reversible orange and pink polka dot ribbon. I did two tiers one way, and reversed the ribbon for the other tier.
I also made a matching tutu for baby girl to wear...so I decided to put it on the cake as well. It wouldn't fit all the way around the bottom, so I put it on the bottom of the middle tier...
So, to fill in the gap, I added a rolled up outfit.
Then, I added all the accessories.
Some rolled up headbands on the top.
Made a butterfly and flower clip for top, and cut out "baby girl" in matching glitter paper in the mommy-to-be's favorite font.
I also added some tissue paper in between the top two tiers.
I absolutely love how it turned out, AND baby girl can wear everything on the cake. =)
Sorry I have been gone for a while...there's been quite a few things going on around my way, but we won't get into that. =)
I'm about 8 months pregnant...expecting Baby Boy #2 in October. =) Pregnancy has been going great.
So, I have a little bit of free time before the baby comes. I figured I should post some before I had the baby.
Today, I thought I'd share with you some stuff I did for my son's 2nd birthday party.
His theme was Milk and Cookies. We were supposed to have this big party, but we had to cancel, and ended up having a smaller one. I still decorated with all of the things I had already made.
Here is the banner I did:
I had another strand with his name on it under that. I had two paper colors, dark brown and a cream color, for the background, then added a brown houndstooth and brown and cream striped papers on top of those. I used the Cricut to cut out a basic block font for the letters in the same dark brown and cream colored papers, and just glued them down. The string is jute. I love how it turned out. It was exactly what I was going for.
Here is a close up:
The other banner I had was this one:
I made this one the same way, same colors, but added a couple things. On the "milk" part, I replaced the "i" with a milk bottle, and on the "cookies" part, I replaced the "oo" with cookies. For those I just found clip art online, played with them in paint, and cut them out on my Cricut. With the cookies, I found cookie clip art online, then found chocolate chip clip art, and then cut them both out, and glued the chocolate chips on top of the cookies. Super easy and super cute!
Here are some close ups:
Another decoration I did was this large milk bottle with "cookies" sticking out of the top. I put a couple sheets of crumpled up white tissue paper in the bottle to resemble milk, and tied the neck of the bottle with some jute.:
That's all for today! Thanks for sticking around for so long. =)