Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tutu Diaper Cake


Been out of the game a little while, I know. I've been working and spending every extra moment with my two boys. Today I'm sharing a tutu diaper cake that I recently made for a dear friend's baby shower. I love how it turned out.

I started out with a simple 3 tier cake in an orange and pink color theme. Instead of rolling them I kinda fanned them out. I liked that look better. 



Here's a closer look:


I just held each layer together with a rubber band. I would've gotten pictures of this, but I was home alone, and holding it all together plus taking pictures would not have worked.

On each layer, I covered the rubber bands with cute reversible orange and pink polka dot ribbon. I did two tiers one way, and reversed the ribbon for the other tier.



I also made a matching tutu for baby girl to wear...so I decided to put it on the cake as well. It wouldn't fit all the way around the bottom, so I put it on the bottom of the middle tier...


 

So, to fill in the gap, I added a rolled up outfit.


Then, I added all the accessories.

Some rolled up headbands on the top.



Made a butterfly and flower clip for top, and cut out "baby girl" in matching glitter paper in the mommy-to-be's favorite font. 

I also added some tissue paper in between the top two tiers.


I absolutely love how it turned out, AND baby girl can wear everything on the cake. =)

Linked up to:

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. That is tutu cute.LOL What a great idea. I found you on Someday Crafts and I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the added tutu to the diaper cake! Next friend expecting a girl can expect one of these from me :)

    ReplyDelete