Friday, January 14, 2011

Simple Birthday Hat & Shirt

Happy Friday everyone!!! Hope you had a great week, and have an even better weekend!

Now on to the post...

My son turned one last May, but I am just now posting some of the stuff I did for his party. His theme was Spongebob because he LOVES Spongebob. LOVES LOVES LOVES the ole yellow dude. I will say that the Cricut was my right hand in planning his party. I did everything with it from the invitations to decorations to cupcake toppers.


Honestly, this has to be the EASIEST craft project I have ever done. No joke. You can look at it and just know how to recreate it. No sewing. No crazy tutorial here. All I did was take an extra Spongebob birthday hat that I had for his party, and hot glued on some cute Spongebob fabric that I bought to make his shirt. Easy peasy. Have you made one? I would love to see!


And this adorable shirt...all I did was print out a number I liked on my computer...traced it onto the fabric...ironed the fabric onto some heat and bond...then ironed it onto the shirt. I could have stopped there but I wanted to make it look a little more finished, sooo....I added a contrasting yellow straight stitch around the edge of the number. I love how it turned out, and got so many compliments on his outfit the day of his party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment