Monday, January 31, 2011

A Couple "Freecycles"

Alright folks, got some more thrifty things for ya today! 

I am in the process of organizing my tornado zone of an office. When my lil man was a baby, I was going through those plastic baby food containers like crazy. One day I thought, there has got to be something I can do with these besides throw them away. They're good little pop-top containers. 


So, what did I do with this:


I took some paper, stamps, and a stamp pad, and made this:


All I did was cut the paper to size, round the corners, stamp the name of the item that it will be holding, and popped the paper into the inside of the lid. It stays with no tape, glue, or anything. I love them. I put everything in these. I've made a ton for all the little things in my office like needles, straight pins, safety pins, key rings, rhinestones, buttons, alligator clips, barrettes, etc.etc.


Do you throw away a bunch of these like us?


What can you do with those you ask? Take some cute paper like this:


a little Mod Podge...

And turn it in to this!


As with the containers, all I did was cut the paper to size, and then mod podged the can, put the paper on, and then put a layer of mod podge on top. Perfect for holding pens, pencils, markers, paint brushes, and whatever else your heart desires!

I hope y'all enjoyed my "freecycles." Come back tomorrow for some more spray paint fun!


Linked up to:
Sumo's Sweet Stuff


Making

No comments:

Post a Comment